When Cruise isn't at school, he and Jett are usually playing outside on the treehouse with their little girlfriends from next door: Jacaline and Diana. Jacaline is in 1st or 2nd grade and Diana is about Cruise's age (she doesn't speak a word of English). But the four of them play every day together and they all have a blast. They all seem to get along pretty well, but Diana is bossy and likes to tease Cruise, but he never really notices.
Lately Cruise has been into snails since he finds them on one side of the house all the time. (That and the recent influence of SpongeBob and his pet snail named Gary, who incidentally meows like a cat). Cruise introduced snails to the girls and so now they like to find the snails and play with them, even Jett. It's pretty gross, but hey, just as long as they don't put one on me or in the garden, I'm fine with it.
I have been taking advantage of the weather lately and making the boys eat outside. It actually elicits excellent results since the boys are usually too busy to come inside. It's a win-win situation. They eat and the kitchen is saved from another meal.
Cruise has finally mastered his tricycle! It's fun to go on walks now with the boys. Cruise will ride his tricycle and I'll push Jett in the pushcar. Finally!
Since the weather has hit the high 70s, we've been able to take advantage of our pool pass to the Scera. Cruise, as always, loves the water and especially the water slide. The other day, Dave and Cruise were waiting in line for the waterslide when Cruise jumped out of line and supermanned it onto the slide right behind another kid. Dave had to run and slide after him to catch him before he hit the water face first. I swear one of these days we're going to be banned from the slide. Jett tolerates the pool. I think he'd rather swim around without any floatation device and without the aid of an adult. So...he usually whines.
On the days where the schedule doesn't allow us to go to the pool, I fill up the little pool at home and let the boys play. Usually Jett is the one to ask for it, but Cruise ends up playing in it more. I suppose Jett would play in it if Cruise would not splash or throw water on him. He's not really into that.
Speaking of Jett, he really enjoys puzzles, especially this one Melissa & Doug Fishing puzzle. He mostly just likes to fish for the pieces; he still has a bit of trouble actually getting them into the spots. He also will finally sit for a picture book. So he'll sit and read books with me during the day while Cruise is doing his thing.
For a long while, Jett would poop in the tub when I bathed him. I would get after him and have to pull him out to clean it. So now he thinks it is funny to pretend that he 's going to poop. He'll squat in the tub, look at me with his naughty little smile and say, "Poo!" So I threaten to take him out of the tub and then he doesn't try it again for a couple minutes. That cheeky little monkey.
The garden is all planted now and things are starting to pop up. However, we still can't eat anything except the spinach; we've got A LOT of spinach. But that's awesome since it is one of the few vegetables the boys will actually eat. Dave has become quite the gardener and keeps everything alive and well watered.
![]() |
| bags of spinach from the garden |
Dave is also in the process of applying to dental school again. This time I think we were a little smarter about it and did more research on the schools. He retakes the DAT in July, so he's been busy studying for that. He works on his applications every day and I am super proud of him for working towards his goal. With the application process this time, I think we both look back and see all the mistakes we made the first go round, so hopefully that will be beneficial and help him get accepted this time. He's applying to the following schools:
Howard University (Washington D.C.)
Boston University
University of Southern Nevada (located in South Jordan, UT)
Case Western Reserve University (Ohio)
Loma Linda University (CA)
LECOM (FL)
Midwestern University (AZ)
Here we go!























3 comments:
Awesome update. I love all the pictures of the boys playing outside, especially eating outside - genius! Good luck on the DAT and applying to schools.
So proud of all three of the boys! and you too Emily for being such a great Mom and Wife. We love having you all so close.
- Dad
Sounds like you guys are having some fun! Cruise on his bike, playing with his little girl-friends, and swimming is just so cute! And so is little Jett. What a cutie! Glad Dave got is certificate! That will come in handy! Good luck on applications. It's tough applying for schools and taking that big test!
Post a Comment