Emily: Saturday evening after Dave got home from work, we decided out of the blue to take the boys up to Payson Lakes to do a little rafting and let them jump off of the dock. We picked up KFC before leaving and had everyone eat in the car on the way down.
Dave: Emily and I took the boys up to payson Lakes yesterday night after I got off work at about 4:30. We had a lot of fun!
(Since the boys love water, we knew they'd like it. However, Jett was a little more reluctant.)
Emily: We each took a boat with a kid and tried to paddle to the other side, but I'm a wimp and Cruise kept jumping out of ours, so we tethered the boats together and paddled together to the dock. Once at the dock, Cruise was in heaven! I, for one, was not super thrilled. Dave got me to give it a go, but once I was standing there ready to jump, I changed my mind. However, since Cruise jumped, I had to jump in after him to help him swim to shore. So I still ended up jumping and...it was FREEZING!
Dave: We brought two rubber rafts and we had a little race across the lake to the dock! Emily and cruise only made it about half way when they gave up because cruise kept jumping into the water so she would have to stop and pull him back in. We all had life jackets on of course! so I ended up roping the rafts together and towing them to the other side. once we got to the dock Cruise had found his new favorite sport of all time! Jumping off the Dock! This kid has some serious Thrill Issues! We did that the rest of the time we were there which was almost till 8:00 p.m. Jett and Emily tried jumping once but after that they were done. I jumped every time with Cruise to make sure he made it back to the dock alright. The water was cold but it felt good.
Emily: After jumping, I decided to hang out with Jett, who has become our determined complainer. I followed him around the lake and he was pretty happy until he fell and got a bloody nose, and then later when he fell and scraped his back on a rock. I swear that poor kid is the most accident prone! But he sure is cute, ain't he?
Dave: Cruise was shivering but kept saying "more jump" every time i suggested we get in the rafts or go play with emily and jett who were walking around the lake exploring. I was so proud of him he even told me he had to go poop and he held it until we could run half way around the lake to the out house! then we went back and did more jumping off the dock until the sun went down.
I'll let Dave finish off the story:
Dave: I had to drag cruise back to the rafts crying because he wanted to keep on jumping off the docks! I tried to take him in the raft with me but we only made it a few yards and he jumped back in the water and started swimming for the dock again. I towed emily close to him and she grabbed him and just held him tight in the other raft with jett and I towed them all across the lake. Jett and Cruise were both crying and emily and I couldn't help but laugh at them because they seemed so pathetic. Cruise wanted to jump off the dock more and Jett just was crying because cruise was crying and he wanted to be the only on who was getting attention. Emily and I just looked at each other rolled our eyes and started laughing at the ridiculousness of the entire situation. There we were, two rafts tied together, she in one holding both children tight because otherwise cruise would jump in and swim back to the dock and the other crying because his older brother was taking up all her attention and I was towing them across a lake. You would think they would be entertained enough to just be sitting in a raft going across a lake up in the mountains!!! but no.
So I guess we'll rate this trip a success. Afterall, it's a good sign if they cry.












2 comments:
This was so cute! I laughed out loud during that video after you jumped, when you said, "Oh, I hate you so much." I wouldn't have wanted to jump in either! And I can't believe how brave Cruise is about it.
That looks like so much fun! Love the story. Yest, when the kids cry for more, the outing was a success!
Post a Comment