After several unsuccessful attempts at taking the boys fishing (unsuccessful in that we never caught anything), Dave located the right place and the right bait (combination of Cheerios & Power Bait). The boys both caught their first fish at Vivian Park in the Provo Canyon about a week before school ended. Since then, we've been fishing pretty much every week. Now, as much fun as it is watching the boys get so excited when catching a fish, I will have to admit that this very pregnant, uncomfortable and heat avoidant Mama is not a fan of fishing. Maybe when 85 degrees doesn't feel like 1000, and sitting in a camp chair doesn't feel like sitting on a pile of rocks, I will enjoy it a little more. But having said that, the boys are addicted and it's adorable. I gave them the option last week to either go to the outdoor pool to swim or go fishing again, and of course they chose fishing.
Here are some pictures from their first catch. Unfortunately I wasn't able to be there for their first catch, but since then I have been in the front row putting Cheerios on hooks as they cast and reel, cast and reel, cast and reel.
 |
| Rainbow Trout stuffed with lemon pepper and butter. MMmmmmm. |
 |
| The boys loved the fish! |
And here are some from just a few days ago:
 |
| I think he loves fishing. |
1 comment:
Great pix. I'm so glad they got to experience fishing with their dad. I learned how to fish with my best friend. It would have been a special collection of memories if I had done it with my dad. Keep it up!
Post a Comment