The drive up to Silver Lake isn't too bad, unless you're 7 months pregnant. Off-roading it is not the most comfortable way of travel when you have to hold your belly and breathe through the contractions, but I made it! We got there after dark and my sweet husband let me just relax while he put up the tent and got the mattresses all inflated. Once we got the beds made, I read the boys their bedtime stories, said prayers, and kissed them goodnight. Dave & I got situated and after laying on the mattress for about 10 minutes I realized that I was more comfortable than usual. Turns out, the inflatable mattress is more comfortable than my bed at home! I had my usual giant pregnancy pillow with me and I also noticed that because it was so cold up there, I slept better than I have in months! It was wonderful! (AND, I only had to pee once in the middle of the night. So that was awesome as well.)
| The boys asleep in their sleeping bags. Cruise is snuggling his Teddy and his Evie doll that Aunt Charlotte made him when he found out he wasn't going to get a baby sister. |
We then headed down to the lake at about 8:30am and Dave inflated the raft while I slathered the boys in sunscreen. We carried all the stuff down the rocky hill leading to the lake and we were off! The first hour was not too bad. Cruise immediately caught a fish, but made the very sporting decision to let it go because it was just too small. After a lot of complaining from the 3 year old, Jett finally caught one and then said he was done fishing. I was actually surprised at how much that kid complained and yet he is always asking to go fishing! Cruise did awesome and only complained that he wasn't catching any more fish. After the second hour, going on the third, I was getting tired, hungry, and incredibly uncomfortable. I was holding Jett's rod and an umbrella to shade not me, but the little Prince Jett.
Finally the boys decided they were done fishing and wanted to jump in the water. Unfortunately, we only had one fish and I decided it was probably because I am bad luck when it comes to fishing. We never seem to catch many when I come along. So we let Cruise jump in and out of the water while Jett only soaked himself from the waist down. I went to shore and headed to the car to get the boys pajamas since they had swam in their clothes. After getting them changed, we headed back up the hill and loaded into the car.
I was not in my best mood by that time mostly because of how much pain I was in and because my blood sugar had plummeted. So Dave passed around apples, string cheese and crackers and we all munched.
We got home after lunchtime and these crazy boys asked to go fishing again after dinner! Dave and I were way too exhausted. But, that just meant they'd have to wait until the next day, because Dave took them fishing after work that Saturday! I stayed behind and did some school shopping for the boys. And of course, they caught 5 fish! Dave came home and told me that they aren't very creative when it comes to naming the fish. They named them all "Agent".
No comments:
Post a Comment