Wednesday, July 23, 2014

10 Months Old!

Every time I sit down to write one of these posts, I can't believe another month has gone by. Miles is 10 months old now and doing awesome!

Miles has gotten really good at crawling and is super fast! Especially when it comes to stairs. If you forget to put the gate up, he is up those stairs in just a few seconds! He is pulling himself up onto furniture, but gets a little scared to get down. He loves to play in water, especially Lucy's dog bowl, so we have to put her food up away from Miles. When he hears a bath running, he immediately books it to the tub and tries desperately to crawl in, baths are his most favorite thing!
Miles loves his brothers and likes to follow them around and mess up their Lincoln Log buildings or terrorize their game of castle. I don't know what he'd do without Jett because Jett, of anyone, can get Miles to laugh. It doesn't really matter what he does, he just looks at the kid and he is hysterical! 
Of course, Daddy is his favorite. He cries when he leaves the room, he cries if Daddy enters a room and doesn't acknowledge him, he cries if Daddy even turns away from him! Just like all the other boys, he is definitely a Daddy's Boy! 
We've discovered that Miles loves to eat new foods. He grows tired of food if he's had it more than a couple times. However, we did find that he really likes to munch on pickles and jerky! With one tooth, I've been pretty impressed at how much he can chew! He really enjoys foods that have a lot of flavor to them. So far this week he's tried blueberries and raspberries and really loved them! He cried when he'd run out of berries. 

Developmentally he is doing pretty well. I have noticed that he is a huge sensory seeker, hence the enjoyment of flavorful foods and the need to drink his bottle as he is hanging upside down. He seems to be pretty social and his social smile is improving. He still looks at my mouth a lot when I talk, so we'll be keeping an eye on that over the next couple of months. He has started smiling with his whole face! Like, wrinkle the nose, show that one tooth, squint the eyes kind of smile. We call it his cheese face. I'll have to get a good picture of it sometime and post it. 
I sure do love watching this kid grow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love watching him grow too! Looking forward to playing with Miles and all the boys in a couple weeks!