I keep having to remind myself that you are no longer a baby. Although, you insist that you are the baby and make sure every one knows it. The past year you have grown a bunch (except those little feet...why don't your feet grow?), you learned how to talk and boss people around, you started potty training but decided you were too busy for that nonsense, and you went from being a super picky eater to actually enjoying food! You are still a sweetheart, you're laid back and silly, but you are also very decisive and stubborn. You love to cuddle and give hugs and kisses, you love to play with anyone who will give you one-on-one attention, you love rough housing with your brothers and following them wherever they go. You are smart and observant, and have an excellent memory (you always know where you hid stuff you don't want anyone else to touch).
Being my last baby, I have been better at soaking in every milestone and little moment. With your first anything, I know that it's my last as a mom. And as fun as it is to witness all your new skills and new discoveries, time is going faster every day and I find myself realizing that you're getting to be a little boy and not a toddler anymore. But no matter what stage you are in, I will always love you from head to toe. And really, you will always be my baby; whether you're 3 or 33.
I love your cute little voice asking "please" for a sippy, saying "excuse me" after you fake burp, and telling me "love you" when I kiss you. I love your little hands when they grab my big mama hand and place it on your head for me to pet you. I love your giggles and outright laughter. There really is no better sound. I love you so much, Mr. Miles. And I am grateful you are my last baby. You really are such an easygoing kid and I am so grateful you are mine.
Happy Birthday, Baby.
Love,
Mama

2 comments:
He really is a sweet boy. Happy birthday Miles. We love you. Grandma and Papa.
He really is a sweet boy. Happy birthday Miles. We love you. Grandma and Papa.
Post a Comment