Sunday, May 14, 2017

Getting Warmer...

I decided Utah wasn't allowed to freeze anymore this season, so I finally bought my flowers & herbs. I bought some mint to put by the front door to keep bugs out. I don't know if it will work or not, but the kids sure like grabbing a couple leaves as they come and go and pop them into their mouths. I also got a rosemary and basil: the two herbs I use the most in cooking. They smell sooo good!
I am really excited for my roses to start blooming, but until then, I planted some petunias around them. My lilac bloomed and it smells divine! I am so glad I planted that right by the front door. In my big planter, I put lavender to keep the bees happy, some African daisies because I just liked them, and some geraniums. I think it turned out pretty good.
Dave was really excited to finally take all of us out on the boat a couple weeks ago. He has been working hard on restoring the boat he got last year. He completely swapped out the motor, built a wakeboarding tower, reupholstered it himself using an old Singer sewing machine, sanded down and stained the wood parts, and re-carpeted it all. It was a lot of work! But it works perfectly now and he is really happy with how it turned out.
We went out on it a little over a week ago with the boys when it was about 85 degrees outside. It was the first time we tried out the inflatable hot dog we had gotten them for Christmas, and it turned out being a huge hit! I don't think anyone loves it more than Miles though.
The water was glass that day, so Dave decided to wakeboard a little. I will say, it's a little nerve-wracking to drive the boat and record behind me at the same time.
Dave found out quickly that he isn't 17 anymore. But hopefully he and I will get into enough shape that we can wakeboard without wanting to die the next day. 

No comments: