Friday, September 22, 2017

Today You Are Four

Dear Miles,

Well, it's official, you're no longer a toddler. You're a big boy! You being my baby, I've gotta say I really didn't want you turning 4. I wanted you to stay little forever. But every day when I pick you up, you get heavier. Every day when I get you dressed, your clothes get a little smaller, a little shorter. Every day when we play and talk, you get a little bit smarter (too smart for your own good one might say). It's all very bitter-sweet, but I love watching you grow and learn. 
I really do love you, kiddo. I love that you refer to Cruise and Jett as your friends, I love that when your arm or leg fall asleep you say that they are "sparkly", I love that you love going fishing with Daddy, and I love that when you pray, you pray for your fish. I love that you love painting and sidewalk chalking, that you sing along to "Shiny" on Moana (over and over and over again), that you love hard rock, and that you prefer blueberries over chocolate (because it means more chocolate for me). I love that you love reading with me and getting new books! I love your hugs and kisses, your snuggles and sweetness, and when you say nice things and share your toys or snacks. 
Miles, you're getting bigger and learning more every day. You will be making new friends and learning how to get along with others. You're probably going to decide what you want to be when you grow up. But I want you to know this: I don't care how much money you make, your status in the world, or even how smart you are. What I do care about is whether or not you are kind to those around you; that you are a good person. And that starts at the beginning. So, be kind little dude. Show love to those around you, and you will receive love and blessings in return. They may not always be immediate, but with kindness, you can never go wrong. 
You are my heart, Miles. You make me happy and grateful to not just be a mom, but to be your mom. I love spending time with you and enjoying you while you're still little. Heaven only knows how fast it goes. 

Happy Birthday, Sweet Boy! I love you sooo much!

Love,
Mommy 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful boy. He is always so much fun to be with. I hope you have a wonderful birthday today. Please give Miles our love.

- Dad