Dear Miles,
It's a bittersweet day knowing you are no longer in the single digits; you're no longer a little boy anymore. You have now reached big boy status. I didn't expect the day to be so emotional for me and I guess I'm just a little sad that with each day, that is the last of that age that I'll ever have as a parent since you are my baby. But at the same time, you are getting older and wiser and more independent. You develop skills and passions and goals for yourself, and that's pretty cool.
This past year had a lot of ups and downs for you. A lot of new feelings of anxiety and panic were experienced but you have grown stronger and have gained a lot of new skills to help manage all of that. You've also had a lot of wins this year with developing your piano talents, moving up a grade in math, improving your baseball skills, getting SO much better at snowboarding and wakeboarding, and finding good friends.
I have loved going on Mommy Son dates with you. I love that you want to help me with any and all projects, that you love to learn how to cook from me, and that you always want snuggles and loves and my undivided attention. I'm not always perfect at that last one, but it's not because you're not important to me. You and your brothers are the MOST important and I love being your mom.
I love your laugh and goofiness. I love that you like me to read to you and that you like me to make a pizza on your back before bed. I love that you love your brothers and want to spend time with them. I love that you are kind and accepting of others. I love that you tell me your worries, the things that make you happy or excited, and everything in between. I love that you love your dad and want to work with him on his projects. But I especially love the small things that you do. Like on Sundays when dad parks on the side of the church that only has grass and rocks and I'm in my heels, you hold my hand and let me lean on you so I don't fall. Or when you give me a random compliment. Or when you notice I'm having a hard day and give me a hug, a snuggle, or play with my hair. You're a kind, intuitive, compassionate, and loving boy and I know that is just who you are to your core.
This year, I hope you continue to find joy and fulfillment in everything you do. I am so proud of you and the choices you make and the person you are. Being your mom brings me so much joy and I know I always tell you to not grow up, but truly, you're the only one not taller than me in this family now, so please just take your time growing up. I still can carry you to your bed and it's not lost on me that one day, it'll be the last day I'll ever pick you up.
I love you so much Miles! You are wonderfully amazing and I am the luckiest mom to have you as my baby boy. Happy 10th Birthday kiddo!
Love,
Mom















No comments:
Post a Comment