Sunday, January 9, 2011

I Don't Make New Years Resolutions

I just don't. I used to, but the way my life goes these days, I make daily resolutions:

-Wake up on time to make it to work at 5:30am
-Feed the kids: Cruise-Gluten free, Jett-Milk free
-Clean something while the kids aren't looking
-Play with the boys
-Do Floortime with Cruise
-Do ABA with Cruise
-Play one-on-one with Jett
-Feed the boys...again
-Shower? Big maybe
-Make dinner
-Keep the children away from the stove (bigger task than you think)
-Feed the children
-Correct papers
-Make it to that one meeting
-Work out? Only in my dreams
-Clean the living room
-Put Jett to bed
-Do Cruise's hour long bedtime routine
-Shower? Depends on if I can even lift my arms
-Go to sleep and pretend it's before midnight.

Those are what I call daily resolutions. I have no space for a new YEAR resolution. Nuh uh. Not gonna happen. And I'm okay with that. Because they are the days that make the year. If I can make it through today without going completely crazy, then I have met my day's goals.

Oh, I failed to mention...I have a job. Yes, it's a job. It's not the ideal situation, but it puts Gluten-free bread on the table. :) But the good thing is 1-It's before the boys wake up and 2-I don't have to interact much with anyone (which is good because I am not a morning person).

I am working for Kellogg's (which I've learned right now is not a very organized company. I don't understand how a billion dollar company can rely on such disorganized people. I have yet to receive my employee number and time cards). I show up, meet the shipment, and move it to the grocery aisles. I spend most of my time at the Orem Wal-Mart on aisles 7 and 9. So if you are ever up before 9am and have a hankering for high fructose corn syrup, come on over and say hi.

This month marks the 1 year anniversary of Cruise's intervention. I can't believe it has been a whole year! No, it didn't really go fast, but a lot was accomplished and I just have to say I am just so proud of the Cruiser-Man. He really has come a long way.

So, this year I am optimistic. Even though it has started out very busy and incredibly stressful, I see the potential of the year and am trying my best to look up and see all the possibilities.

No comments: