Monday, April 25, 2011

100% Potty Trained

I've got to catch up on the past two weeks. So to start off...


POTTY TRAINING!!!

Spring Break was just a couple weeks ago and since EVERYONE had off, WE couldn't go do anything fun due to large crowds. So I figured we'd give potty training another go-round. The week before, I had attended a potty training class at Kids On The Move for parents of children with autism. I had tried potty training twice before and was super frustrated at the thought that maybe Cruise wouldn't be potty trained for a long time. After the meeting, I went straight to Savers to stock up on sweat pants for the kiddo, and then to Target to get candy, a potty book, and more underwear. I was determined.

So day 1 of the potty training week began and all Cruise wanted was the candy. He would fight me for the candy, but I stuck to my guns and only gave it to him if he went potty in the toilet. He had plenty of accidents, but did better than I thought he would.

Day 2 came and he did a little better and no longer fought for the candy. But I could tell he was going just so he could get candy. I secretly didn't mind that though; just as long as he was doing his business in the potty. Still a few accidents, but he did much better.

Day 3 Cruise had maybe one accident, still requested the candy, but was doing awesome.

Day 4 came and Cruise woke up with a dry pull-up. The entire day he went straight to the potty without me having to remind him. Absolutely no accidents!

Since Day 4, Cruise has been a rock star and has had no accidents and continually wakes up dry. I must say, I was definitely not expecting him to be nighttime trained for awhile, but I guess he figured if he's gonna do it, he's gonna do it all the way. And I am happy to report that he is over the candy and doesn't need it after going potty.

So relieved to have that over with!
Yes, this is Cruise in mid-air.

1 comment:

Mom Greer said...

Yeh!!! Fantastic. I am eye witness to this great event. He is a big boy now. Congratulations Cruise.