It's weird to think in just 3 more months I'll have a 2 year old...it's so sad to see time fly by like that, but it's also so much fun to see him grow.
Jett, as usual, is my cheeky little guy who thinks everything is just so funny. Which can be good...and bad. But he sure keeps us laughing and giggling behind our hands.
Jett has just barely started jumping into the pool without help. Once he mastered that, he decided to expand his "jumping off of things" skills and decided to jump off the couch, chairs, Dad, etc. He is getting really good and usually lands perfectly. I'm starting to think that I have a little gymnast on my hands. I guess he figures he has to catch up with his big brother. Speaking of jumping, he now can jump with both feet off the ground. It's so cute to see him do it because he gets this huge smile and his fine, blonde hair lifts off of his head and makes him look even more airborne. It's adorable. But then again, he usually is no matter what he's doing.
Jett's language is ever increasing, and yes, it still amazes us. It's so weird to us to know that with normal development, language just comes! You don't have to spend hours upon hours trying to teach them the meaning, significance, and how to say just one little word. It's incredible! Jett's favorite words are: "no", "oh no!" and "poo". We were at the store the other day and I had to get a box of diapers. When he saw the box as I lifted it into the cart, he pointed to it and said, "Poo!" He also can say 'Cruise' now. It sounds like 'Cooth', but it's still pretty adorable that he can say his brother's name.
Jett's mastering his body parts. He'll point to his nose and head...but is still working on his mouth, eyes and ears. He loves to be read to and especially loves Dr. Seuss' 'The Foot Book'. He also likes to hit, which mean's I've mastered driving with one hand on the wheel and the other holding someone's hand from the backseat to keep them from hitting each other. Oh, and he's also picked up spitting. That's a little more difficult to contain on the road.
Jett really enjoys nursery in church but isn't a huge fan of Sacrament meeting. However, he is slowly learning and enjoys the sensory breaks I give the boys every 8-10 minutes.
Jett is so good at playing solo. He really is so cooperative and is just happy to know that someone cares about the toy he is showing them. He loves to give kisses and is adorable when he waves and says 'goodbye'. He's a great eater and I can always count on him to eat his dinner. However, Jett is not one to love messy hands, clothes, etc. He is always concerned if something is messy or dirty and makes sure we know about it. He will annoy us to no end until the mess has been taken care of. He also has to make sure we know that there is a bug around. Even if it's just one little ant, he'll come and grab our hand, walk us to some other part of the house or yard, and point to the bug yelling, "BU! BU! BU!" Then we have to kill it. Otherwise we haven't done our job.
He has gotten better at not throwing such a huge fit when Daddy leaves. He's starting to catch on that Daddy always comes back.
He usually plays pretty well with Cruise, at least outside. Indoors, things can get a bit grabby and they end up teasing each other and getting into smacking fights. Jett a lot of times will take Cruise's toy just to get a rise out of him and I don't understand why he does this, knowing it will always end up with him getting hit, chased, or clobbered by Cruise. But then again, I did similar things to my siblings when I was younger. He just might be bored.
Let's see, what else? Oh yes, when it's Jett's nap or bedtime (bedtime especially), he will see us getting his toothbrush or bottle ready and he'll book it to the basement to hide behind the La-Z-Boy. He's so silly because he'll hide but once he's caught, he never fights it. He goes right down. Silly kiddo.
2 comments:
I love that little stinker!
He's so adorable! It's crazy he's already almost 2 yrs old! It goes by so fast!
Post a Comment