I bought two giant packs of crayons from the dollar store ($2), bought the unfinished frame from Hobby Lobby ($6), a little wooden flower from Hobby Lobby that Cruise picked out ("Miss Tina likes yellow!") ($1), wood block letters ($3) and printed out the letter T from my computer. I cut the crayons and Cruise helped me line them up. Hot gluing had to be more of my job since I didn't want Cruise to burn himself. Then I had him pick out a color to paint the frame. He picked pink: "Miss Tina likes pink!" I don't know if that was true or not, but he seemed pretty sure of himself. I had him paint it and I helped spread the paint around so it wasn't clumped. Then he helped me dry it with my hair dryer. He glued on the flower and the letters and voila! Ms. Tina's present.
For the aides, we bought them each a candy bar and I printed out wrapping on cardstock that said, "Best Aide, Bar None!" and tied them with cute yellow picnic pattern ribbon that Cruise picked out. Unfortunately I forgot to get a picture of them.
1 comment:
What a terrific idea. I hope Cruise's teachers loved it. I have been so impressed with what Cruise is doing and saying, thanks to his teachers. Of course, he gets a double dose with the World's Greatest Mom!
Love,
Papa
Post a Comment