Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Today You Are Five

Cruise's Birth Day
1st Birthday
2nd Birthday 
3rd Birthday
4th Birthday (sick)


5th Birthday



Dear Cruise,

Since before you were born I’ve always been amazed by you. You have never been like anybody else; you’ve always marched to the beat of your own drum and I wouldn’t change that for the world. In fact, there is nothing I would change about you.

You are growing so fast and learning so much every day. I love that you wake each morning on your own, dress yourself, brush your teeth, make yourself chocolate milk, and greet everyone with a sunny disposition. I love how you share with your brother, even when it’s hard to. I love that you know your sensory limits and can take a break all on your own. I love that you love others, are quick to forgive, and even quick to apologize.

I love that you can ride your bike like a pro. I love that you draw rockets, aliens and write your name when you draw. I love that you wear your “bird hat” everywhere, and hang it up when you get home. I love that you are so obedient and trusting of Daddy and I. I love that you notice the little things when no one else takes the time to. I love that you love space and astronauts.

I always look forward to putting you to bed because I never know what you’re going to say. Your sense of humor is absolutely fantastic and I love our little chats before bedtime. Now that you can speak much better, it is so fun to hear your thoughts on things and to hear about how you see the world. You always make me laugh and I stay as long as I can in your room before you say, “Okay, you go now Mom.” Lately you’ve started hugging me before bed and saying, “I love you, Mommy.” I may have waited five years for that, but now that you say it, I treasure each moment that you do. There is nothing like a Cruiser hug.

You’ve accomplished so much this past year. You became conversational and learned to write your name while holding the pencil correctly. You’ve learned your numbers and some shapes. You are really good at playing Cut the Rope and Angry Birds. You are so good at following directions and making eye contact. You are absolutely incredible and I thank God every day for you.

This next year is going to be big for you since you’ll be starting a new school with a new teacher and new friends. It may be hard for awhile, but I want you to know that there isn’t anything you can’t do. I’ve seen you do the impossible, over and over again. If anyone can move mountains, it is you.

Cruise, never forget how much we love you. I know things can be hard sometimes. I know sometimes you don’t quite understand what we say or how other people act. And I know that some days are harder than others. But something that will always be consistent is my love for you. And I want you to know that your Heavenly Father loves you so much. You are so special Cruise. Every time you smile, sunlight fills the room and you bring the Spirit to our home. Thank you for being such a sweet and wonderful boy. I couldn’t ask for a better 5 year old son.

I love you, Cruiser!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: