Friday, December 13, 2013

Miles Update, Gingerbread Houses, Snow & Harris's Christmas Party

Miles Update
Every day Miles wakes up, he is so much bigger, less wobbly, more alert, and more smiley. I have such conflicting feelings of being so excited that he is getting bigger and more interactive, yet so sad because  time rushes by too fast and soon he will no longer be a baby. But I guess that realization helps me savor every moment, take in every second, and enjoy it all, even the exhausting parts. I wish I had enjoyed those moments just a bit more with the two older boys.
Miles is getting so big! He is already out of his 0-3 month clothes and into his 3-6 month. He eats a lot, and is getting better at sleeping at night. So far he is sleeping 6 hours straight and Mom & Dad couldn't be happier! Miles is still such a chill, happy baby. I keep holding my breathe, anticipating that time he will switch it up on us and scream all night long like the other boys did for awhile. But lately, I change him, feed him, burp him, lay him down in his crib with a binky, turn on his mobile, and kiss him good night. He just watches the mobile until his eyelids give out. No crying. No fussing. Just a peaceful little baby. I didn't know some babies were so easy! It is definitely a nice change of pace, that's for sure.

Miles is going to be my musician. He just loves music and always calms down when music is playing. He especially likes Coldplay and John Mayer. He is a big fan of acoustic guitar as well. Miles is happiest when someone is just talking to him, face to face. He gets scared of deep voices and cries when Cruise has meltdowns and yells. He loves to watch his brothers play and bounce around the house. He thinks they are just great fun and I'm sure he is antsy to join in the craziness.
Miles loves baths and cries when we take him out. But quickly calms down once he is dressed, fed and snuggled. He loves to be bounced on my knees and gets so excited when I return from being away for a bit. He loves to be held and snuggled and enjoys being walked around so he can observe his environment. He is such a wonderful baby and I just can't get enough of him! So much so that I am excited when he wakes up at night (most the time) so I can give him kisses and snuggles.

Gingerbread Houses
The boys love doing gingerbread houses, but I am too lazy to make gingerbread, shape it into parts of a house, and buy all the candy and frosting. So I buy a kit and I'm always glad I do. Sure, sometimes the cookies are broken and the candy is nasty, but the kids love it. They look forward to it every Christmas, which is why I keep doing it.

Snow
The temperatures have been incredibly frigid. Like 3 degrees. There's been a lot of snow and a lot of ice! The boys luckily have all their snow gear and thanks to Dave, they have a lot of fun!

Harris's Christmas Party
Cruise's teacher, Mr. Harris, holds a very special Christmas party every year for his students past and present. And every year, so I hear, it is the exact same thing because, after all, with Autism, predictability means guaranteed fun! Of course, it was our first year, but we all had a blast, especially Cruise. 

They started out playing snowball fight with paper. The boys always love being allowed to throw things at people, so it was a great activity. Then the kids sang songs and of course Cruise had to be front and center, singing as loudly as possible. 
Then Santa arrived! Both the boys were so excited I thought they would both pee their pants. Jett wouldn't look at him once on his lap, I think it was a bit overwhelming, but he was still happy he got to meet the Big Man! His gift was a pack of Go Fish cards and a Hot Wheels car.
Then it was Cruise's turn. He walked up to Santa and said, "Hi Santa! My name is Cruise!" He then sat on his lap and answered Santa's questions like, "Were you a good boy this year?" Cruise then interrupted the questioning and said, "Um...I have to tell you what I want for Christmas! I want a snowboard, a guitar, and a bike!" Dave & I had already taken care of the guitar and the bike, but a snowboard?! Earlier in the week he had said he wanted a hover board for Christmas. When we broke the news to him that they didn't exist, he was thoroughly upset. But we showed him videos of other types of boards like skateboards, wakeboards, and snowboards. So apparently he wants a snowboard now. 
Cruise's gift was a package of fake mustaches.
Then Miles got a turn on Santa's lap. He sort of stared at him for a few seconds, trying to make sense of what he was looking at, and then looked away obviously unimpressed. 
It was such a great party and I know it'll be something we look forward to every year! 

No comments: