He just looks too grown up. And quite the handsome fella.
Jett started his 2nd year of Preschool this week at Harvest Elementary in Mrs. Randall's class. He was so excited for his first day and rocked it with this blue and white ensamble.
He actually picked out every article he is wearing at the store. We had walked into Old Navy to do the back-to-school shopping and when it came to his turn to pick out some clothes, he turned to me and said, "Mom, I want blue pants." I looked at him and said, "Yeah, blue jeans. Here are the jeans." "No, Mom. Blue pants! Those aren't blue pants." After talking him into blue jeans and he picking out a few shirts, we began to walk towards the check-out line when I walked past a mannequin wearing BLUE PANTS. Blue skinny jeans to be exact.
Jett walked up to it and said, "Mom, I want these blue pants." Apparently those were the first things he saw when we walked into the store and had his little heart set on getting those blue pants. Now, I would never voluntarily buy my children skinny jeans, but Jett really wanted blue pants. So I walked around the whole store looking for a 5T in these blue skinny jeans and couldn't find them anywhere. They only had them in the big boys. So I grabbed the smallest size they had, read that they were 100% cotton, and figured I'd wash and shrink them before he could wear them. I think he pulls them off quite nicely.
Jett loves his new class and is so excited to go to school every day. He goes about 3 hours, four days a week and he is loving it! We have fun little chats to and from school usually spurred by some of the funny questions he asks. Today on the way to school, he asked me why there were so many churches everywhere. Which led to us counting how many LDS church buildings there are between our house and his school (there are 6 to be exact). On the way home, he asked me what would happen if there was a giant cricket. So we had a whole discussion about that and ended with him coming home and drawing his very first book about a giant cricket who steps on Jett. It was the cutest thing ever. I'll have to try and get some pictures of it.
Love that kid.
1 comment:
Jett has got to be the cutest kid in school! Glad he's having a good experience. Give him a hug from Grandpa. I'm looking forward to our trip in a few weeks. Love you!
- Dad
Post a Comment