Saturday, March 21, 2015

New Bed!!!

Our bed is a hand-me-down that was already worn out when my parents gave it to us. We've been sleeping on that for the past three years and recently it's gotten to the point where I wake up more tired than when I went to bed, my back hurts and my body aches. I finally told Dave that I was boycotting our bed until we can get a new one. Luck has been on our side since we finally got the restitution money from our neighbor for poisoning Lucy, and RCWilley is moving their store from University Parkway to the University Mall and has all their floor models on clearance. So yesterday we grabbed Jett & Miles (Cruise was at school) and our money jar (the one we throw cash and coins into so we can spend it on something big like a vacation or a bed) and headed to Orem to get us a bed! We had a little over $1,000 in the jar and didn't want to spend too much more on a bed.

We got to RCWilley and found that they only had two King beds left and they were the pricey ones (like $3,000 after 40% off). So we had to go with a Queen. After an hour we finally decided on a Beautyrest that is adjustable (the head and feet go up) and one side is soft and the other is hard (I like soft, Dave likes hard). So we pulled out our cash and paid for the rest of it (plus the mattress protector) with a credit card. So we ended up putting a little over $600 on the credit card for the bed. But boy oh boy was it worth it! The only downside was they don't deliver the floor models, so we had to carry it up the stairs ourselves. The mattress wasn't too bad, but the frame was extremely heavy. The bed doesn't really have a box spring since it's adjustable. So the underside is like a very thin boxspring with the frame built into it with the motor and everything. We got it upstairs and I was thankful we got a comfortable one because my back killed! 
Because we had to move from a King to a Queen we had to buy new sheets and a comforter. And as luck would have it, Target was having a Home sale that very day! So I ran over to Target and was able to get a nice sheet set (600 thread count) and a comforter set that was for a really good price! 
Today I woke up and my body didn't hurt and I actually felt rested! I slept like a log. And I haven't done that in years! I told Dave that it feels like we're on vacation in a nice hotel but we get to keep the bed. Yeah, it's that good!  

I am so grateful to finally have a nice comfortable bed! Thanks Dave!

No comments: