Sunday, April 5, 2015

LIUB 2015

Light It Up Blue!!!
Once again it's April, which means Autism Awareness Month! And April 2nd is World Autism Awareness Day, where all over the world you will find things like the Eiffel Tower, the pyramids in Egypt, The Sydney Opera House, and the Empire State Building going blue for the day all to raise awareness for autism!

We always put up our blue lights on our porch and try to wear blue. Cruise, of course, never wears blue. The only exception is if he is wearing pajamas. Then he'll practically wear any color.
I once again got to attend the annual Autism Conference at UVU last week and learned some new things that would help Cruise, particularly Social Skills. I was a little disappointed this year by a few of the classes, but I still was able to leave there with some good info and new goals. The main speakers were wonderful and the lunch was much better this year than years past. So it balanced out and I enjoyed a day of uninterrupted learning! 

No comments: