 |
| Engagements 2006 |
 |
| 2007 |
 |
| 2008 |
 |
| 2009 |
 |
| 2010 |
 |
| 2011 |
 |
| 2012 |
 |
| 2013 |
 |
| 2014 |
 |
| 2015 |
 |
| May 6, 2016 |
Well, that was fast! In ten years we have moved 7 times, owned 9 cars, had 3 kids, gone through who knows how many boats, and driven to the ER 8 times. We've gained some weight, lost some hair (I've colored mine about ten different shades and colors), deepened our smile lines, and, unfortunately, gained some frown lines. We went from owning practically nothing and renting a tiny one bedroom apartment in Provo, to having to make monthly DI runs to throw out more stuff and owning our home in Lehi. We've experienced the whole range of emotions: joy, sadness, pain, grief, excitement, gratitude, hopelessness and a whole lot of love. We have had arguments and disagreements, but more than anything, we always find ourselves rooting for each other, for our marriage, and for our family.

We have been through so much just in these ten years, but as I look back on all the hard times, I am reminded of all the many wonderful, joyous moments that overpower the sting of mortality: our sealing, the birth of our boys, the little kisses that are so freely given each day by each member of our family, the quiet moments, the loud but happy/crazy moments (these occur more than the quiet ones), and each moment in-between. These are what I live for. I am so grateful to have found Dave and even more grateful that he was willing to marry down. Ha ha!
This being our tenth, we really wanted to stay at Sundance in the cabin where we had our Honeymoon, but life happened and we ended up needing that money for a new laptop. So for our anniversary, we had Abby & Casey watch Miles (while Cruise & Jett were at school), and we went and had a little selfie-shoot at Sundance, followed by lunch in the Foundry Grill (thanks Mom & Dad for the anniversary money!).
We started with scallops but ate them so fast we couldn't get a picture. Dave had steak with chimichurri sauce, broccolini, and garlic fries.
I had the fish tacos with black beans.
And of course you need dessert: I had lemon and strawberry cake with rhubarb ice cream.
And of course I realized I had made a grave mistake when I tasted Dave's dessert which was sort of a dulce de leche creme brule with churros. Oh my goodness! It was amazing!
I am grateful for these past ten years and I look forward to the next ten, and the next ten, and the next, and...well, you get the idea. So grateful he's mine forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment