On day one, I took the boys to the neighborhood park and we played catch, swung, and the boys ended the outing by getting all muddy. The weather was so weird that day. It would storm and then stop, the sun would come out, and then all of a sudden it would start to rain again. So we would hide under the pavilion until the rain stopped, and then we'd continue playing.
My parents came into town and took us all to a Bees baseball game in Salt Lake on Memorial Day. Of course it had to be the hottest day of the week, but it was still fun. However, I think I spent more time getting food for everyone than actually watching the game, but that did allow me to be out of the sun more. The boys did surprisingly well considering the heat. At one point I took Jett for a walk in the shade and we got he and the boys some cotton candy, and I got Dave and I a funnel cake. And when Miles had had enough, he and I went to the gift shop and got Cruise and Jett foam fingers and Miles picked out a soft bat and ball. He was really excited about that. So excited, that when we made our way back to our seats (which were three rows from the field), he tried to make his way onto the field with his bat and ball, thinking he'd get to play then. Ha ha! Poor kid.
We ended up leaving pretty early. Had it been a bit cooler or overcast we probably would've lasted longer. But we did have fun, ate lots of junk, and enjoyed the nostalgia that is baseball. So thank you Grandma & Papa Greer! The boys were sad that they didn't get more time with them, but FaceTime is a great thing.



























No comments:
Post a Comment