Dear Jett,
No matter how old you get, I still look at you and see my itty bitty, smiley, squishy baby. But today, you are seven, and even though you're not a baby anymore, I still love to snuggle you and pretend you're only a foot and a half tall.
Jett, what can I say to one of the best kids I know? I guess for starters I can say that you are the sweetest, most caring and kind boy. I don't care how much education you get or how much money you make when you grow up, all I want is for you to be a kind and loving individual. And I am amazed that by age 7, you are already that kind of person. Your teachers love you, kids want to be your friend, and all others are impressed with who you are. I feel so grateful that you came to our family. You have taught us all so much and believe it or not, you are such a good example to us all about how to treat others. I love how tender-hearted and sensitive you are. You feel so much, which makes you more empathetic to those around you.
I am genuinely impressed by how grown-up and responsible you are. I forget that you are only 7. You are such a help to me when I need someone to keep an eye on Miles or to follow some specific directions or chore. You are so smart and you question everything. And even though I sometimes may be irritated with how many "why"s you throw out in less than a minute, I am grateful for your curiosity and your need to understand the world around you.
Jett, you're such a good kid and I am grateful you are mine. I love talking with you and listening to your stories and ideas. I love your jokes and all that you find funny in life. I love your laugh and the way your eyes disappear when you smile. I love your hopes, dreams and hearing about your daily successes. You are remarkable and I'm proud of the boy you are and young man you are becoming.
Happy Birthday Jett! I love you soooooo much!
Love,
Mom


No comments:
Post a Comment