Jett had a great birthday! He was so excited to open his presents as soon as he woke up. All he asked for was Nerf stuff, so Nerf stuff is all he got! He got this great automatic Nerf gun, a ton of darts, and a Nerf vest.
In the afternoon, I brought cake to his class and everyone sang to him and we handed out some cake to all of his classmates. Of course I remembered the plates but forgot the forks, so everyone had to eat with their fingers. Afterwards, I checked him out to take him to lunch. He chose to go to Greek Slovaki because he really likes their spaghetti.
Jett's birthday happened to land on a Friday, which was perfect since that is the day Dave has off of work, so we decided to do his party that day. He told us months ago that he wanted a pool party (of course the kid with a fall birthday wants a summer party), so I looked into it and the Legacy Center had a party package for the indoor pool.
Jett invited about 10 or 11 kids. It was a great turn out! Abby, Casey & Liev all came as well! We had pizza and then the cake I had made (Nerf of course), then he opened all his great presents, and then they were off to the pool!
I had bought a ton of off-brand darts to decorate around the sides. I mean, how on earth do you make a Nerf cake without spending two days putting it together? Answer: darts and ribbon. Ha ha!They seriously were running around like crazy. Jett finally got around to opening his gifts. He got A LOT of great presents.
Cruise was excited to give Jett his presents: a Five Nights at Freddy's flashlight and a light-up blue Lightsaber with sound effects.
And per his request, Abby & Casey gave him cash: $20. He was really excited about that one.
The kids had a blast swimming, and luckily it wasn't too crowded, so it was pretty easy to keep an eye on everyone.
On Saturday, Grandma & Grandpa Ybarra came over to give Jett his gift (more Nerf darts!) and to have some leftover cake with us. Jett also received his card from Grandma & Papa Greer and was excited to find more money!
It was a great birthday!































1 comment:
What a great party! So glad everyone had a fun day.
- Dad
Post a Comment