Thanksgiving was good. We went to the Ybarra's this year and brought a ton of green bean casserole, some sparkling cider (because it's just not Thanksgiving without sparkling cider), and a pumpkin cheesecake from Costco (I couldn't resist). The kids ate first. Unfortunately, Mary's family didn't show for awhile, so we had to eat without them. But Grandpa talked to all the kids about their ancestors who came on the Mayflower. Cruise was pretty interested in that. After all the kids ate, the adults finally got to eat (I'm not gonna lie, I kept snitching pieces of turkey and eating off the kids' plates before it was my turn). All the food was fantastic! My eyes were bigger than my stomach, however, and I took a ton of everything but couldn't finish it all. I did manage to squeeze some dessert in there though.
Before leaving, all the grandkids were rounded up and were subjected to the ultimate form of childhood torture: organized pictures. Miles actually was excited to do it until he completely ate it on the front porch stairs and got a huge bruise on his forehead. I'm actually impressed and how many kids actually cooperated. Poor Liza was just not in the mood for pictures. It's one of those situations where you feel really bad but at the same time are thinking to yourself, "I'm so glad it's not my kid this time." Ha ha! (Sorry Dan & Sofia).We left around 4:30 with leftovers in tow. I had spent the previous two hours sitting uncomfortably and forcing my eyes to stay open. I was so ready for a nap! So of course as soon as we got home, I went straight to my room, put on my stretchy pants, and passed out. It was glorious.
We don't do Black Friday. While everyone is out fighting over useless crap, we are chilling in the house and setting up the Christmas stuff. First things first: clean the window! It was really bad. Jett and Dave did a great job.
Dave had found this tree sitting on the curb one day while he was out knocking. It was one of those neighborhood cleanup days and people leave stuff they don't want on the curb to be picked up by someone and hauled to DI. So Dave grabbed it before it was gone. It is about a foot and a half taller than our other tree. (Dave was tired of hearing Camry come over and tell us how small our tree is every year, lol.) Anyway, we got it up, lighted, and decorated. Of course, it being bigger, we realized we needed more ornaments. So we ended up going to Target later in the evening to get more.
And that was Thanksgiving break!














No comments:
Post a Comment