On October 23rd, we took the boys to Hee Haw Farms. This has become our yearly fall tradition as opposed to Cornbelly's. I just can't handle the crowds and I can't justify spending an obscene amount of cash on something that really shouldn't cost that much. So Hee Haw Farms is where it's at!
The slide is always a favorite. I made the mistake of not taking my keys out of my back pocket before sliding down. That was fun.
They had a new bunny house this year and the boys were all over that. Miles especially. They kept making us go back to hold the bunnies. Those poor bunnies.
After that, we took the wagon thing (which was clearly built by a Cub Scout because the thing was going to fall apart any minute) to do the corn maze. I personally detest corn mazes. They trigger my anxiety and I'm either afraid of getting lost or one of my kids getting lost. But we stayed together for the most part and it wasn't too bad. I did, however, regret instantly dressing Miles in orange and gray.
After that, the boys rode the little animal train and rolled inside a giant tube. Because I guess that's fun.
Then we did my favorite activity: The Corn Pit! I helped them cover themselves and then Dave decided to "shower" them with corn feed. This led to the boys intentionally filling up their shirts and pants with corn, upon which hilariousness ensued.
We had taken two cars so Dave could leave for work. He ended up leaving after the corn, so after the boys were finished, we got ice cream!
The boys rode the slide a few more times, climbed up this big hay stack, and then we went home! They had dirt in their shoes and corn in their underwear, but they had fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment