Saturday, November 18, 2017

Today You Are 8

Dear Jett,

Kiddo, I'm just so proud of you. Honestly, you are such an amazing kid and I feel so blessed to be your mom and to learn so much from you. One of my favorite things about you is that you are so kind to those around you. You are compassionate and thoughtful, and you love to help people. You feel so deeply and care so much about others. You have such a deep desire to make others happy. Maybe that's because you are just so dang happy and want others to feel the joy you personify. I love that your smile encompasses your entire face. I love when you're happy because you walk around beaming brightly to all those in your path.

Jett, I'm proud that you have decided to be baptized next month. You have such a sweet testimony and I love hearing it when you bear it at church. You are becoming such a strong young man and I am so grateful for your faith and yearning to understand. You ask such incredibly insightful questions; questions I didn't think to ask until I was much older. I'm amazed by your desire to do good and to follow Christ.

Jett, I know I can be hard on you sometimes. Sometimes I forget that you are still so young; probably because you are so responsible and mature. You have always been a huge helper in our house. You read to Miles sometimes when I'm too tired to. You help Cruise when he's having a hard time understanding something. You help with dinners, play with Miles when I need him distracted, and you are my go-to when I need an opinion on my cooking. (You have become quite talented in your cooking skills and I regularly think that your future roommate/wife are pretty darn lucky.)

I love you Jett. You bring our home so much joy and laughter. I don't think you really understand just how much you are loved, but I want you to always know you are one of the greatest joys of my life. I'm so humbled and blessed to be your mom.

Love,

Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful boy. We love you Jett!