Sunday, September 22, 2019

Today You Are Six

Dear Miles,

As sad as I am that my baby boy is a year older, I love watching you grow and learn. I love watching you run around catching crickets and praying mantis. I love how you want to try new things and explore new places. I love that you want to be anywhere and everywhere Dad is. I love that you are always drawing me pictures of us and that the first word you could write and spell is "Mom".  You're so creative and love drawing and practicing your letters and numbers.

You have a great big personality, which means you have a great big happy. You have a great big silly, a great big love, a great big snuggle, and a great big heart. I love when you sit in my lap and play with my hair and tell me, "You're so beautiful, Mommy. When you have your glasses on you're only a little beautiful. But without your glasses you're the most beautiful." I especially love it when you tell other women that they're not as pretty as your mom. Ha ha ha!!!

You've become very social and want to go run around and play with friends, and I must admit that's hard for me to not have you near me all the time, but I love that you love playing with friends and exploring your world.

Miles, you make me so happy and I am so incredibly blessed to be your Mommy. You often ask me, "Mommy? Do you love me?" And I always reply, "I love you so much. More than anything." I hope you always know that, even without asking. You're growing up, too fast in my opinion, but I love that I can still lift you and carry you, even if you're a little heavier than last year. You love that book "Love You Forever" and often ask me to sneak into your room at night and rock you back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. I admit I never do because I'd hate to wake you. But baby boy, I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be.

Happy Birthday little dude. I love you so much!

Love,
Mommy

No comments: