Dear Jett,
Ten years ago today you quickly made your way into this world and filled our arms and hearts with your sweet disposition and kind spirit. You've always been an old soul and have an incredible ability to empathize and offer words of comfort and advice well beyond your years. Your tenderness and sensitivity are some of the things that make you strongest. I am so proud of the young man you are becoming. I wish I could take all the credit for the incredible person that you are, but really, it's just how you came. Your spirit and heart are just pure good and I am so grateful you are in our family and teaching us all by example every day.
You are so very talented and smart. You enjoy piano and singing and I love that you do it because YOU want to. I hope that love of music will last all your life. You do so well in school and have such high expectations of yourself. Just remember though, doing your best is enough. And don't ever think you're not enough. You are so amazingly more than you realize, no matter what kind of grades you get, what you look like, or how well you can play sports or music. It doesn't define you. You are a son of God and are loved so completely, so overwhelmingly, so perfectly.
Jett, I hope this year you will gain a greater understanding of how much you are loved by your parents and your Heavenly Father. I hope you are kind to yourself and allow others to see your goodness and light. I know things can get hard and that you can get down on yourself sometimes, but I hope you never doubt that you are loved and important. I hope you always remember that we will always listen to you and that you can talk to us about anything.
Jett, I hope you've had a great birthday. I loved throwing your parties and taking you out to lunch. I love the time we spend together, just the two of us. I love to hear your ideas and funny stories, and how you giggle. I really love that giggle. I'm sorry if I get distracted sometimes and don't give you as much attention as you deserve. I just really hope you know that I love you more than you can understand. There is nothing you could ever do to make me not love you. You really are one of the most lovable people I know. I feel so honored and grateful that I get to be your Mom.
Happy Birthday, Sweet Jett. I love you so much.
Love,
Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment