
Schools out For-EVER!
He's done! He's done! He's done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave has finally graduated from BYU! He now has a B.S. in Public Health: Health Science track and I couldn't be more proud of him! Way to go Dave!!!
To celebrate, I pretended that we weren't low on funds for an evening and treated Dave to dinner at The Foundry Grill at Sundance. Unfortunately I forgot my camera because we were trying to rush out of the house before Cruise could chase us down. Dave got the pork chop (which is AMAZING) and I got the ribeye. For dessert Dave ordered the Sundance banana split and I got the caramel apple pie. I don't think it's possible for anything to NOT taste good at Sundance.
Before we had gone to dinner, we picked up tickets at the Wynnsong for the 9:30 showing of Inception. So after dinner, we drove down just in time to get great seats. We sat, and sat, and sat, then looked at our watches and noticed it was 9:40 and not even the previews had started. So Dave got up and told the employees, who finally got it started. We got through the previews and then...LIGHTS back on, screen black, and Colbie Caillat started singing. So it was my turn. I got up and explained what had happened. I sat back in my seat and the lights went out, the movie started, but...Colbie Caillat was still singing. She kept singing. As much as I love Colbie, I didn't pay 8.50 a seat to listen to her sing. I got up again, stormed out into the lobby, and pretty much let them have it...in the nicest way possible. I told them that I was *this* close to asking for my money back. A manager hurried past me handing me Rain Check tickets and said sorry. I went back to my seat and nothing had been fixed. So we both got up and went to get our money back along with 6 other couples. WHY WOULD I WANT RAIN CHECK TICKETS?! WHY WOULD I EVER WANT TO COME BACK TO THIS ESTABLISHMENT AGAIN?!!! We left and made it just in time for the 10:15 showing of Inception at University Mall. Lesson learned: NEVER go to Wynnsong.
Inception was AWESOME. Still blowing my mind. In fact, I dreamt about Inception all night. Yep, it was that good.
Dave chose not to walk. Luckily I walked the only year they MADE everyone buy their caps and gowns, so I still had mine. Sure it was a little short in every way and the cap was a bit snug, but we had fun taking a few pictures this evening after a long search for the cap.






Dave, you pretty much rule in every way! I am so proud of you and all that you have accomplished. Few people really understand how difficult it is to go to work full time for the majority of your college career, raise children, and maintain a healthy marital relationship all while going to school. I don't know how you did it, but you made it look easy. Thank you for all your hard work, dedication, and for always having time for your family. We love you so much! Congratulations on finishing this chapter of your life. I am excited to see what and where the next chapter brings us!
P.S. If you can name the singer of this post's title, give yourself 1 million points and a pat on the back. You rule.
5 comments:
Oh oh! It's Alice Cooper! But if I'm being honest, I totally just asked Isaac and he knew the answer. I will graciously share my million points and donate the back pat to him. See? I can share.
Congratulations to Dave!!!!! WOOO!
Awesome, awesome, awesome! Dave, you make a lovely College Grad! Congratulations!
Way to go, you guys! (Emily- you definitely deserve some of the credit on this one!) As for the song, I only know that it's on the version of Guitar Hero that we have. I am ashamed.
Congratulations! We know what a relief it is to finish school! It Rocks!
Congrats! Have fun next weekend!
Emily, can't get any music from your blog. Why?
Post a Comment