Saturday, August 7, 2010

Today You Are Three



Dear Cruise,

Today you are 3! It amazes me how fast time passes.

Cruiser, I know this past year hasn't been easy for you. I know it's been one of frustration, confusion, and a lot of change. But along with all of that, this past year has been one of great accomplishment for you. You have learned so much and have acquired so many more words and skills. You always try your best and that's all anyone could ever ask of you. I hope you know just how proud your Dad and I are of you and all that you set out to do. We love you more than you'll ever know.

Ever since you were a tiny baby, I knew God had sent me someone incredibly special. I knew you would grow to accomplish great things. And even though I'm your mother, I have always believed that you are my greatest teacher. Just by being you, Cruise, you make me a better mother.

Cruise, I love you! I love how you play peek-a-boo with Jett in the car to make him laugh. I love how you are obsessed with superheroes. I love your beautiful smile and your contagious laugh. I love when you'll just sit quietly next to be on the bench outside and let me hold your hand. I love how you always want to play with me. I love how adventurous and curious you are. I love how you can get along with even the meanest animals. I love how you try so hard to be good and to do what is right. I love how you give me kisses. I love that you love books and reading. I love your imagination. I love how fearless and daring you are. I love it when you'll just look at me in the eyes and smile.

Cruise, you are now a big boy and have so many new things to look forward to. It's not all going to be easy and it won't always be fun, but remember we are always here to help you, support you, and have fun with you. Please continue to be who you are, because that is who we love. Thank you for coming to our family and putting up with so much.

I am so glad you are mine forever.

Love,

Momma

2 comments:

REGS said...

HAPPY Birthday Cruise! I wish we could be around to celebrate! I miss everything over there! And we don't get to see you guys and your kids often enough. Once I'm not working, we'll make a big trip down. Hugs! We love you guys!

Mom Greer said...

Great party today! You and Dave did a wonderful job and Cruise was really happy today. Happy Birthday dear sweet one. We love you so much.