Thursday, December 16, 2010

4th Day of Christmas and Pizza Field Trip

This person must know me pretty well:



Today was another field trip with the Bridges Preschool. Cruise's teacher, Ari, has ties to NYPD Pizzeria in Draper so she arranged it for all the kids to make their own pizza. On top of that, the Pizzeria made it an Autism Awareness Day and if you have the coupon, gives 20% of the total bill to Kids on the Move Bridges Program. Cruise liked making the pizza, but as usual, not eating it. However, it was so much fun and a big surprise when Grandpa walked through the door! So Cruise enjoyed hanging out with his Gampa.

I bought little picture frame ornaments and put Cruise's picture in each one for his teachers. I had Cruise draw pictures on paper last night and wrapped his teachers' presents in them, and then at the pizza party, he handed them out and gave each of his classmates a candy cane (which he secretly wanted to keep from himself).
Cruise and Grandpa
Cruise breaking a candy cane instead of giving it to his friend.

Cruise saying, "cheese" Wallace & Gromit style.

Cruise was obsessed with this little toy the entire time.
So we ended up just letting him play with it until it was time to leave.
First the sauce,
Next the cheese, 
and finally the pepperoni!



Ready for the oven!
Then right before it was time to go, each of the parents got a gift that their kid(s) had made for them. I got an oven mitten with Cruise's footprint on it, and an ornament with a picture of Cruise's face inside; the outside was painted green (by him) and there were sparkles inside. He even made the gift bag! Such fun gifts! Apparently when I left the classroom the day they made them, Cruise was fussing and having a tough time. The teachers took his shoe and sock off, started painting his foot, and instantly he calmed down. Ha ha ha! That's sensory issues for ya! Man, I love this kid.








1 comment:

REGS said...

What cute presents he made you! Wish I could have come to the pizza place with you all.