Saturday, April 2, 2011

Projects

It's garden season again! With the sale of our boat, Dave decided he is now a full-fledged gardener. So much, in fact, that it has become more of his thing, and he LOVES it, which makes me love it. He may get most of the garden, but I get a little patch for my herbs with a quaint little white picket fence to keep the animals out.

This year, Dave decided to lay things out in a sort of square foot type of garden. He went and picked up some free pallets, broke them down, and made himself some walkways that set up the boundaries for each section of the garden.

This year we are growing:
-tomatoes
-cucumbers
-eggplant
-corn
-green onions
-garlic
-pumpkin
-banana sqush
-zuchini
-carrots
-jalapenos
-strawberries
-cilantro
-basil
-rosemary

I think there are more...but I can't remember.

Anyway, here are a few shots of the garden as of this past week:




My recent project isn't nearly as monumental and amazing, but I was getting tired of never remembering my coupons and not being able to organize them effectively:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! One day we'll live in a place where the soil isn't so depleted of nutrients that I can afford to garden without buying a truckload of soil to do it. And kudos on the coupons, your are so organized and crafty!

REGS said...

I think it's funny and cute that Dave loves the gardening now! And I love the coupon organization! You rock!