*Cruise has been practicing his prayers lately and here is one recent one that I just loved!: "Father...dadaduguda...Daddy...dadadugudad...Jesus...dugu...Bye!...Amen."
*Cruise, as always, loves to be read to, but lately he's been memorizing some of his books and will try to read the books to me instead of the other way around. He's really good at the books, "David Goes To School," "Go, Dog, Go!" and "Froggy Learns to Swim." It's amazing what he memorizes.
*Cruise has really been into painting lately. He'll pull out the finger paints and ask for me to get him some paper. The first picture he painted I asked him what it was. I pointed to the first blob on the page,
"What's that?"
"Paint!" (Duh, mom.)
Then the second blob I asked,
"What's that?"
"Spaceship!"
And you know what? It looked just like a rocket ship.
*Despite the fact that the boys are always fighting, we've learned that Cruise actually likes his little brother. We were leaving Scera pool last week when Jett threw a fit and sat on the ground. So Dave and I said, "Okay, bye Jett!" And started towards the car. He just sat there, but Cruise hurried and ran over to him saying, "C'mon Jett! Let's go!" "More Jett! C'mon Jett!" It was so cute that Cruise was so worried we'd leave his little brother.
*Cruise has inherited from his dad the incredible ability to solve problems. Last week, I was sitting on the grass with Jett in my lap, looking at the mail, when a gust of wind blew a bunch of it across the lawn. Cruise, without hesitation, ran after the mail, picked it all up, and returned it to its pile. But then, seconds later, here he comes with a 2x4, and put it on top of the pile so it wouldn't blow away again. I was blown away! (No pun intended).
*Just as there is good, there is always...not so good. Cruise, since the school year ended, has become more and more aggressive and less and less attentive. It's been incredibly difficult and frustrating for everyone. He has been going to summer school, but I think the change in schedule has interrupted his progress and caused him to regress a bit. We will be starting another program to help us all get back on track again. So hopefully that will help.
Jett:
![]() |
| Doesn't he look just like David? |
*Jett now can climb up the rope wall on the tree house, as well as the yellow slide and the gang plank. He tries to do everything Cruise does, but lacks the balance, which scares the daylights out of me. He thinks it's great!
*Jett makes the funniest/cutest facial expressions! It's amazing the range of expressions he posses. We can usually tell what's on his mind of what he's feeling because his expressions say it all. I love his annoyed expression.
*Jett, I have come to learn, is very tender. and when in trouble, feels horrible. Sure, he may do it again, but at the moment when being corrected, he falls to pieces. I need to be better about being more soft with him since it doesn't require a lot to help him understand what is not appropriate. It's amazing how each kid is different.
*Jett, we've also learned, is driven more using relationships and people he's close to. He's not so much into the toys, as Cruise is, but would rather spend the time just snuggling and being paid attention to.
*Jett's SPD has gotten a little more intense lately. He is scared of the sound of the trees blowing in the wind and scares quite easily when motorcycles and cars drive by. Poor kid won't let me put the headphones on him to help damper the noises, so I have to help him slowly desensitize, as I did with Cruise. Ugh! So exhausting.
*Jett loves his big brother and thinks everything he does is amazing and funny. Which gets him into trouble more often than not. But it's adorable. My friend Ally pointed out to me how amazing that relationship is of the younger, typically developing child and the autistic sibling. The younger doesn't know any better, doesn't judge, and doesn't really care. They just idolize their older sibling for who they are, and not for who they aren't. It's beautiful.





2 comments:
So wonderful to read up on he boys. I was amazed at Cruise's resourcefulness with the mail and board. He definitively is a smart kid.
I love those boys. But you're insane to update everyday. Don't kill yourself.
Post a Comment