We all put on our team shirts, which turned out so awesome thanks to my dad. The shirts featured a Superman logo, but instead of the "S" it was changed to a "C" for Cruise. Under the logo says "Team Cruise". Cruise got a kick out of them and was flying off of furniture all morning before we left. He also thought it was awesome that we all had on the same shirt as well.
I tried to prepare him as much as I could, but because I had never gone to a walk before, I myself didn't even know what to expect. But I kept reiterating that there were going to be "a lot of people" and "a lot of noise". He seemed to be excited. But as I drove past the stadium packed with vendors and people, he started to melt down. He cried to go back home, but I wasn't going home, we were going to do this.
We parked and I got Jett and Cruise out of the car and into a double stroller, where I placed Cruise's noise canceling headphones on and covered him with a blanket so he couldn't see all the people. The second that blanket went on, he calmed right down.
We first headed straight for the Kids On the Move booth, where we got to say hi to Brittany, Laurie and Ari. They had saved Cruise a ball and me, a bag, which was so nice of them because they would've all been gone by then. The resource fair had started at 8:30am and I definitely wasn't going to go with the boys that early and stay that long. They wouldn't have gone for that.
My parents and then Dave showed up and we waited at the start line. The best thing about the walk was that it was about half a mile. Lol! Once around the stadium. About half way through, Cruise decided to get out and walk a little, but then decided being pushed is a lot easier. But I was happy he had finally come out of the blanket and joined in.
4 comments:
Looks so awesome! I wish I could have been there to walk, the kids would have loved it. I love his headphones; they remind me of one of the boys in E.T., "can't he just beam up?"
YAY! I'm glad you all had a successful walk! We would have been there too if we could have! And next year, we'll donate even more ;-) Cruise and Jett are just so adorable! It sounds like that even though there was a lot going on, Cruise ended up handling everything quite well! He's a great kid! Love you guys!
It was great fun and a super way to mix up a Saturday morning. (Now that the house is empty so much of the time and nobody messes up the place (except on Sundays) we don't know what do to after our 30 minute clean up each Sat.am) I hope we can make this a tradition for years to come.
Love you
Emily and Dave - You guys are such a great parents and I love how much you care about your son and the resources that help him. Of course, I would not expect you to do any less. When I read your posts, I am filled with love for your little boy, I feel what you feel for him and I am so glad to know you guys. You are such agreat examples to me. Love, KaraLynne
Post a Comment