The Tree Room is a bit pricier and the food is more artistic. The chef is French trained (which is always a bonus). After ordering, they brought us each a shot glass of something yellow. I remember them explaining what it was, but none of it made any sense to me. It was like hearing a completely different language. I looked at Dave and said, "Do you think it has alcohol in it?" Luckily it didn't; it was just a thick liquid that was a strong lemon flavor with frozen blackberries on top. I guess it was to cleanse the pallet before beginning our meal. It was very good but we could't stop giggling that we had no idea what was going on.
Next, the same guy came by with a plate of purple olives covered in herbs and then doused in olive oil. Then he described the breads we could choose from, which, as before, we had no idea what on earth he was saying. So I just randomly picked mine that turned out delicious, as did Dave. The olives were strong in flavor, but absolutely wonderful. Dave was a little turned off by their strong taste, so I ate most of them.
They then brought our appetizer we had ordered: scallops with caviar on top. They were melt-in-your-mouth delicious! I don't think I'll ever be satisfied by another scallop for the rest of my life. They were absolutely incredible!
Our meals came looking delicate and picture perfect. David had ordered the wild boar and I ordered an off the menu special which was a sea bass. We both were taken aback at how small the portions were, but we ate every bite and the meals were delicious, as to be expected.
We giggled at all the rich yuppies sitting around us, arguing about boats and expensive wines. I told Dave, "Of everyone in this room, we probably enjoyed and appreciated our $100 meal the most," mostly because it is a very rare occasion that we spend that kind of money on a meal.
We declined to order dessert since I had a hankering for a Dole whip. So we headed out of the canyon and drove to Farr's Fresh where we enjoyed big bowls of pineapple and raspberry Dole whip with fruit mixed in. It filled in all the cracks and we were finally full!
After all the trials and struggles, adventures, children, and laughter, there is still no one else I would rather experience them with, than Dave. I am so grateful I married my best friend and that we refuse to give up on each other. I am so blessed to have a worthy Priesthood holder in my home whose #1 priority is his family. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for such an incredible person to be my mate for all of eternity. I am amazed at how much he serves me and helps around the house without a word of complaint or resentment. It makes being pregnant a lot more bearable to have someone who is so positive and a strength every day. Seven years has gone so fast and yet, we have grown closer and stronger together every year. I wouldn't trade this guy for anything in the world. He is my world and has given me the greatest gift of all: to be a wife and a mother. Happy Anniversary David! I love you more than ever!

No comments:
Post a Comment