Cruise lost his first baby tooth yesterday! It's been wiggly for awhile, but yesterday he got off the bus clearly distraught. The bus driver informed me that Cruise was upset about his tooth. After inspection, I determined that it was definitely ready to come out! I brought him in the house where he complained about the tooth hurting, so I got him a popsicle and asked if he would like me to pull his tooth. He reluctantly agreed to getting it pulled, so I prepped for the grab and yank technique I perfected back in 1st grade. I guess you could say I was the unofficial (and unlicensed) classroom dentist back in the day. Girls would come to me with their wiggly teeth and I'd escort them to the girl's restroom during recess where all I needed was a paper towel and a good grip. Voila! Many girls returned home with Tooth Fairy bait in hand. So I guess you could say I'm a tooth-pulling expert.
It took me some time to get a good grip since the last time I had done this my fingers were much smaller. I finally got a grip and out came the tooth! Cruise reacted with excitement and horror all at once. I've never seen such a conflict of emotion! But after the bleeding stopped and my explanation of what Tooth Fairies do with baby teeth (give them to babies of course!), Cruise got insanely excited and ran around the neighborhood showing off the new gap in his mouth.
No comments:
Post a Comment