Cruise has been on the lookout for the perfect girlfriend for some time now. One day he came home and told me about his "ninja girlfriend". "I found somebody with brown hair and eyes brown. She's a ninja and helps me be a ninja. She's my girlfriend." A week later we asked him, "Do you still have a ninja girlfriend?" and he responded, "Yes, she has brown hair and brown eyes like me. And if we kiss hard enough, our eyes will turn green." We died laughing. Then a few days later we found him writing/drawing a love note to his ninja girlfriend:
So Cruise's teacher, Mr. Harris, decided to do some investigative work and find this Ninja Girlfriend of Cruise's. That afternoon I got the cutest pictures in my inbox of this cute girl opening Cruise's love note:
After reading his letter, she said, "Let's go get the Ninjas together!" and off they ran. I guess there is a group of kids who get together at recess and play ninja. Cutest thing ever. The days he doesn't want to go to school we say, "But don't you want to see your ninja girlfriend?" And then quickly he recants his complaint.
Jett's Birthday
We celebrated Jett's birthday the Saturday before with a Curious George rock climbing birthday party. I ordered the invitations from Etsy (my new favorite place to buy them):
Jett decided on a rock climbing cake with Curious George on top. I will have to say, it was probably one of the easier cakes I've done. I decided to go easy on myself and use box cake mix & pre-made frosting. Jett wanted chocolate on chocolate, so that's what he got. I made 4 9-inch rounds and a 9-inch round of rice crispy treat for the base. After stacking them, I inserted a wooden dowel in the center to keep the top from toppling. I carved the cake to look more like a climbing wall, then covered the whole thing in icing and then grey fondant. I used a knife to make the fondant look more like rock. Then I surrounded the base with chocolate rocks covered in a white coating and surrounded the cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate sugar. Next, I whipped up a batch of moldable frosting, divided it and added food coloring. I molded pieces of frosting to look like climbing holds and fastened them onto the cake with toothpicks. I then topped it with two pieces of yarn twisted together and smothered in chocolate frosting to make rope, candles, and, of course, a Curious George figure. And voila! There it is!
Jett had three little friends come: Dylan, Connor & Aiden, and of course Cruise was there as well. We went to The Quarry in Provo and the kids got to climb as much as they wanted.
| Of course the monkey brothers made it to the top. |
It was a perfect day for indoor climbing since it was cold and rainy out. Jett had a blast with his friends and received some awesome presents that he plays with every day now.
On his actual birthday, Dave & I gave him his present, something he's been asking for all year: the Imaginext Batcave. He was giddy with excitement. He's played with it all week.
I then took him in the morning to get his pictures taken at JCPenney and then to a McDonald's indoor playground where we had lunch and he played for a bit. That evening I asked him what he'd like for dinner since it was his birthday and he asked for noodles. When I asked him what kind of noodles he said, "Noodles with meats and cheese and sugar." He likes sugar. A lot.
I took him to his 4 year well-child check up to find out he had an ear infection and that one of his tubes fell out and the other is on its way out. I'm afraid we might have to get him tubes again. Bleh. Anyway, he weighed 35 pounds (41st percentile) and was 3.25 feet tall (23rd percentile). He's a little, skinny thing.
Miles is 2 Months
Well, that went fast. Poor Miles has spent most of his life thus far sick. We took him in for his "well-child" check up, but he was anything but well. I had taken him a week before and the doctor said he just had rhinovirus. We did the humidifier, bulb suctioning, etc., but he just got worse. At the well-child, his doctor said he could possibly have pertussis aka whopping cough. I almost had a heart attack. He couldn't get any of his immunizations because he was so sick, but they did a swab and said they'd have the results the next day. After an entire day of giving myself an ulcer from worry, we found out that the results were negative. Over the past week he has luckily been getting better after Dave gave him a blessing. It's times like these, when my children are horribly sick and I feel so helpless, that I am incredibly grateful for the Priesthood and for a worthy Priesthood holder in my home to give them blessings. Hopefully the rest of the winter will pass without any major illnesses. One can only pray.
Other than being sick, Miles is growing beautifully. He eats a lot, still doesn't sleep through the night, but is still a pretty chill baby. He weighed in at 11.5 pounds (35th percentile), was 22.75 inches long (45th percentile), with a head circumference of 15.75 inches (82nd percentile). I don't know why, but I tend to have large-headed babies. It must be because they're so smart.
We sure do love this little guy and can't imagine life without him. He is very observant, he LOVES getting his diaper changed (he gets a huge smile), and he loves music. He always calms down if there is music playing, especially if it's Coldplay or John Mayer. He is such a sweetheart and if I could, I would just snuggle him all day.






No comments:
Post a Comment