This past week I got to go with Cruise, his class, and the rest of the 1st grade to the new aquarium in Draper. It just opened a couple weeks ago but it is still missing quite a few fish and animals. However, there were still plenty to see and things to do. I was in charge of Cruise and another kid from a different class. Luckily I only had to keep and eye on two kids because it was a little crazy with so many 1st graders running around.
| Petting a turtle shell. |
| Cruise checking out a blowfish. |
| A GIANT lobster that looked absolutely delicious. |
We bumped into Cruise's girlfriend, Claire, who upon meeting me immediately cupped her hand to my ear and whispered, "He's completely in love with me." I laughed out loud and replied, "I know." But after a few minutes of observation, I could tell she was pretty infatuated with him as well. And he let her get away with things that he won't tolerate from anyone else. Like, for example, she took his hat and wore it around. I can't even get away with that! He must really love that girl.
| Cruise petting a gecko. |
After leaving the aquarium, we all went to a park and ate lunch in the freezing wind. Luckily there were a lot of other moms from the class that I got to chat with to keep my mind off the fact that I couldn't feel my hands or my sandaled feet.
Cruise had a blast, I had a blast, and it was all free! Field trips rock!
No comments:
Post a Comment