Saturday, May 10, 2014

8 Years!

This year we celebrated our 8 year anniversary! 3 kids and 6 moves all in 8 years. So much has been packed into so few years, but it sure has gone fast!

Dave surprised me by tying a note to some balloons, attaching them to a kite string, and then left them on the doorstep. He taught Jett how to ding dong ditch, and had him ring the doorbell for me to find the balloons. The note attached to the string said, "Please reel in the string to find your message in the clouds. Love David." It was really windy out, so the balloons were all over the place, but I finally reeled them in to find my next note.
Apart from some other mushy stuff, the note said, "I know you already know what we're doing for our anniversary but never officially asked you out. So here it goes...in celebration of our anniversary, will you do me the great honor of accompanying me to a special Sundance 4 Winds massage treatment, followed by a delicious meal at the foundry grill this Friday?"

Of course I said yes!

So Friday we got a few sitters and drove up Provo Canyon for our AMAZING massages and an INCREDIBLE dinner (everything at Sundance is the best of the best). We shared a Cesar salad and some wonderful mushroom soup to start out with, Dave ordered the pork and I got ribeye. For dessert, Dave got pumpkin cheesecake and I got the creme brulee. Best meal ever. Best husband ever.
By the way...

I still love this guy more than anything.

No comments: