There goes another month! Miles is 21 months old...I can't believe he's almost 2!
Well, let's see....Miles really likes eating ice. We'll go to a restaurant and pretty much all he wants is the ice from our drinks. He'll eat some food too, but he's all about the ice. I told Dave it must be because of all that ice I ate while I was in labor with him. All twelve hours.
Miles has learned some new words and refined some others. He now says "uh oh" and will pair it with a noun: "Dada, uh oh" or "Buzz, uh oh". Oh yeah, he can say Buzz now. As in Buzz Lightyear. He can say fish, upstairs, downstairs, and outside. He doesn't even try to say dog, he just pants like a dog instead. He tries to repeat words of things he points to, but he's still learning how to form certain sounds. But the fact that he's trying is fantastic! Maybe this will be the first kid I won't need Early Intervention for!
Miles is officially the annoying little brother. The other day I found Jett hiding behind the couch just so he could play a game on his tablet without Miles climbing all over him, and there was Miles leaning over the couch spitting on Jett's head. He follows his brothers everywhere, and now that he can open the front door, he tries to follow them to their friends houses on a regular basis. And can I say, Man! That kid is fast! I've had to start locking the front door and making the kids come through the garage just so Miles doesn't sneak out. I'm so happy we live in a cul-de-sac.
Miles has also upped his degree of destruction in the house. The day after Dave & I took the sectional apart to clean under it, Miles dumped an entire box of Cheerios all over, in and under it. He figured out how to take the caps off of markers, he draws on the walls with crayons and sidewalk chalk, he likes to put all the dry dog food in the dog water, he pulls all of his bedding off his bed when he wakes up and throws it all on the floor. So I have to re-make his bed for every nap and bedtime. Unless, of course, he passes out on the couch. But that doesn't happen very often.
His favorite things lately are Toy Story, Playdoh, his shape sorter, vacuuming with his toy vacuum, feeding the dog his leftovers, mimicking mom or dad, and playing with his brothers (especially if it's a Lightsaber fight).
He's been drinking Almond Coconut milk for the past few months and so we thought we'd try to ease him back onto cow's milk. Well, within a day or so he started to get a rash again. So, I'm pretty confident his cow's milk allergy is here for awhile. But other than that, Miles has been doing really well. He got an ear infection this past month, but luckily we got that cleared up pretty fast. So he's free to play and destroy!




2 comments:
What an adorable, big boy! He sure is goring fast. Looking forward to seeing him again this week!
- Dad
He is looking so grown up! He looks a lot like Jett in some of those pictures! So cute!
Post a Comment