Jett finished up his t-ball team mid-June. He came home the last day with a medal and his t-ball pictures. I think next year I'll continue to do the special needs team and just have him play on that since he didn't have much interest in it this year. But he was still pretty stoked about the medal.
The special needs team is going pretty good. Because of the hot temperatures lately, we decided to hold the games a little bit later so the kids (and parents) aren't dying of heat. We also canceled Saturday games since not a lot of people were showing to that one. But the kids all love it still and we finally have our team shirts! Except Cruise won't wear them. He says they're too itchy. So, next year I'm thinking softer, tagless shirts. Maybe even green. Yeah, lesson learned. I was just more concerned about getting shirts on time and for a reasonable price. But the company I went with was super unprofessional and their shirts were really low quality. So now I know who NOT to go with next year.
Lately it seems like Jett prefers playing outfield (so much so that he refuses to switch when it's time for him to bat) and Cruise likes to play catcher because that means he usually gets the ball. Ha ha!
Cruise did science camp the last week in June and really enjoyed it. I found that Draper City does all kinds of awesome summer camps and they had three different science camps! I would've signed him up for all three if I could afford it, but it was still a lot less expensive than last year's Mad Science program. It was Monday thru Thursday from 9am to noon. I was able to leave him there without having to stay 3 of the 4 days. Wednesday he was having a rough day, so Dave ended up staying with him for the three hours. The whole camp was mostly about electricity and magnets, so it was a lot of fun for him. They had a break each day and paired up the kids so they wouldn't wander off. Cruise seemed to have fun and it was good for him to practice some social skills.
Cruise started his ADD meds a few weeks ago and we have seen some improvements. The first week was pretty emotional, but I guess that is normal when adjusting to the medication. Which is also bad news if you miss a dose. But we have noticed that he is sitting for meals, when we ask him to do something we only have to ask him once (which is CRAZY!), and he seems to sit better at church and other places that require it. He even reported to like the effects, so the true test comes when school starts up again.
Since Dave fixed his small motor, he's been able to take the boys out to Deer Creek a couple times and all of us were able to go out again. He built a Bimini top for the boat so this Scottish skinned girl could stay out of the sun a bit. It made a huge difference!
Lately it seems like Jett prefers playing outfield (so much so that he refuses to switch when it's time for him to bat) and Cruise likes to play catcher because that means he usually gets the ball. Ha ha!
We took individual and team photos last week. Unfortunately we were missing a few kids, but most of them showed up! I had arranged a month or two ago for Cruise's teacher, Mr. Harris, to take the pictures, but the day before he remembered he had a previous engagement, so he let me use his camera and I ended up taking the pictures.
A few weeks ago we visited the Highland splash pad. I love that it's free and super awesome! The boys had a blast and of course, Miles did not want to leave.
| Miles giving Jett some loves. |
Since Dave fixed his small motor, he's been able to take the boys out to Deer Creek a couple times and all of us were able to go out again. He built a Bimini top for the boat so this Scottish skinned girl could stay out of the sun a bit. It made a huge difference!
Cruise was finally able to have a playdate with his girlfriend Claire a couple weeks back. Unfortunately at this point, Cruise doesn't have a lot of friends, especially ones he's willing to spend more than a half hour with. But I mention Claire and he is game! Claire can get away with anything. He'll let her splash him, shoot him with water, tackle him, and he doesn't complain. They're like two peas in a pod. At the end of the school year, I asked him if he played with Claire anymore since he was complaining that he didn't have any friends. He said that every time he'd try to play with her, she was too interested in her Pokemon cards. He didn't know what Pokemon was, so we introduced him. So now he's pretty much obsessed. Claire was excited to learn that Cruise was into Pokemon now. I just wish they could get together more often.






























































No comments:
Post a Comment