He's learned a few more words and tries to say words we say. I still don't understand him most of the time, but he is really good and trying to show us what he wants. He's learned the words "Up" (which he also uses for 'down') and "Hot" after he burned his hand on the side of a pan. When he says hot he goes "Hot ta ta ta ta" which is pretty cute. He also can say "fishies".
He's become quite the big boy lately, wanting to do everything his brothers do. We ended up putting them all in one room together last week. What happened was I was going to put Cruise in his own room and Miles in with Jett. Well, they didn't want to all be separated, so we put them in the bigger room together and their dressers in the smaller room (which also made room for me to set up my drums!). Anyway, he does not want to sleep in his crib even though he has yet to figure out how to get out of it. He prefers to sleep in a big boy bed. Last night, I went to put him in his crib and he climbed into bed with Jett and snuggled up to him ready to sleep. I asked him, "Miles, do you want to sleep in your crib?" "Uh uh" (No). "Miles, do you want to sleep with Jett?" "Uh huh" (Yes). Since Jett was okay with it, I let it go and shut the door ready to hear them goof off. Instead, they all went to sleep right away. However, Jett fell off the bed in the middle of the night so I had to put Miles in his crib so Jett would have more space.
When I set up the drums, I played a little and Miles just danced and danced and danced! He loved the drums! Maybe I have a future drummer on my hands?
Miles also won't nap in his crib, which is especially frustrating. He will scream, cry, throw his pillow and blankets on the floor, and just refuses to nap. But I take him out and put him in my bed to nap...out like a light. So, needless to say, the crib will be going soon.
Miles loves to play in water, just like all kids. The other day I filled up a giant pot with warm soapy water, added a spoon and a whisk, and let him play with it out on the deck. He loved it. He also loves to play in bodies of water when we go in the mountains. It doesn't really matter how cold it is, he still loves it. He also likes to run in the sprinklers with his clothes on with his brothers. He has a blast! But he has a blast doing anything with his brothers. And of course, he loves to go swimming!
![]() |
| He was mad because I wasn't going to hold his hand to go down the slide...then he made this face and so of course I had to help him. |
Miles is also that kid that throws things at people. I hate it! I've never had a kid do this before but I am trying very hard to be patient and teach him to not throw things. He's getting better, but he still ends up hurting someone and it gets frustrating. Usually I just take away whatever he throws, which really makes him mad, but it's the only way I know how to teach him it's not okay. Other than that, he is pretty good playing with others and is good at sharing. He still loves nursery and his favorite nursery worker Jimmy.
Miles also learned to do this little growl thing that is super funny. He'll come running at me growling and go and "attack" my legs by pretending to bite me (thank goodness he only pretends!) and it is just the funniest thing! He loves to rough house and be tickled. He also loves to climb on you and sit on your face for good measure. It's especially fun when he has a full diaper (gross!).
Love this little stinker! He's quite the silly dude!
P.S. His favorite song is AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long". It's his favorite song to dance to. Ha ha!













1 comment:
It has been exciting to watch him grow so quickly, he's adorable. He'll fit in just fine with the three caballeros at your house!
- Dad
Post a Comment