Monday, December 28, 2015

Class Christmas Parties

Being Room Mom for both classes, I have the awesome task of organizing parties. Luckily, Jett's teacher pretty much plans what the party is going to be, so the other room mom and I have to delegate and then do the leftover stuff no one signs up for. Jett's class decorated little edible trees using ice cream cones, royal icing, and all the candy you can think of. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the party because I had to bring Miles who has been very much a 2 year old lately. But I did get a picture of both Jett's and Miles' trees before they went in the garbage.
For Cruise's class, I have a little more responsibility. I have to arrange the time, plan the entire party, and get parents to volunteer to help. Luckily a lot of moms from last year are always willing to help out or send their kids with stuff. This year, I decided it would be a lot of fun for the kids to decorate gingerbread houses. Well, graham cracker houses. I found on Pinterest that a lady suggested using hot glue to put the houses together beforehand. So I got moms to sign up to make royal icing, bring candy, help in class, and a mom to help put the houses together the night before at my house. Unfortunately, the mom who volunteered to help put them together bailed on me last minute, so good ol' Dave helped. It took a couple hours since we only have one glue gun, but they turned out pretty good! I was just glad there weren't more than 12 kids in the class. Whew! 

I provided each kid with their own piping bag (of course we caught a few kids sucking the frosting down straight from the bag, ha ha!) and we had the candy divided up in muffin tins for each table. They all had a blast decorating and being creative! After they finished, I had a mom provide a game for them to play, and then with the extra time, their teacher gave out gifts to all the students. I was super impressed that he got them something he knew they would love. Cruise and his friend Jack both got Pokemon cards. It was a super fun party!

No comments: