Saturday, December 12, 2015

Health Updates Part 2

Well, the good news is that Cruise's EEG came back normal! The bad news is we still have no idea what is going on. I will be taking him in to see his pediatrician again and ask him about a hunch Dave and I have about Cruise possibly being hypoglycemic. So, we'll see how that goes.

As far as my meds go, they still have me on the mood stabilizer and started me on a new antidepressant just this week. The one I was on before was an SSRI, but now they put me on an SNRI in hopes that I don't experience the same side effects as I did with the SSRI. So hopefully in the next week or so I will be able to see how effective it is. And, of course, I still am using an anxiety med as needed, which seems to always be more often this time of year with Christmas and all things surrounding it. It's a love/hate kind of season. But the upside to staying busy is that I don't have time to sit around depressed and spaced out. So that's a good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad there was nothing abnormal. And I think you and Dave may be right. Let us know what you discover. We'll keep praying for all of you!
- Dad