Sunday, July 2, 2017

Father's Day

Father's Day went pretty well. Dave is not a fan of breakfast, so we didn't do anything for him in the morning. After church, the boys wanted to give him his presents and cards. The boys and I made a candy bar card for Dave. It said, "Dear Dad, We "SKOR"ed big time having you as our Dad and Mom's "BIG HUNK". We wanted to give you "MOUNDS" of "100 GRAND" or a trip to New "YORK", or an adventure to the "MILKY WAY", but we don't get a PAY DAY". Sorry we can be "AIRHEADS" and sometimes "NERDS", but thank you for helping us be "SMARTIES" and for teaching us to do "FLIPZ", for making us "SNICKER" and always building "WHATCHAMACALLIT"s. Love, your "3 MUSKETEERS"
 We got Dave some new Nike tennis shoes, but unfortunately they didn't show up on time, so I printed out the order for him so he could at least hold something. The boys each filled out a letter for Dave, and Cruise had made a little frame with his picture in it at school and saved it for Father's Day.
 For lunch/dinner, we had Casey over since Abby and Liev were out of town. I made lobster tails, steaks, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, and had a shrimp platter set out.
 The lobster turned out pretty good, but I learned something new about the flavor and ease of prep for different species. I had bought two of them from Maceys (the two on the right) and the rest from Costco. Both tasted different. The shell on the Costco ones were really really hard to cut and it was tougher to pull out the meat as well. So, now I know!

No comments: