Sunday, November 26, 2017

Abby's Baby Girl Shower

On November 4th, we had Abby's baby shower! This was an especially exciting shower because Abby is having the first baby girl since Charlotte's girls. There have been 10 boys in a row since then and now we're really excited to have a little baby girl again! I'm not going to lie, I have been buying this little girl a lot of outfits. The only better thing than being the Mom to a baby girl, is being the Aunt.
Abby wanted a woodland theme for this shower, so she, Ruth and I searched Pinterest for all the good ideas. Luckily, I have a friend who had done this same theme for her brother's wedding reception, so she let me borrow a ton of the wood and other decor. The rest I was able to find at Michael's with coupons! (Yay for coupons!) Ruth planned the games and favors, I was in charge of the invitations, decorations, serving stuff, and making the cakes. Abby planned out what food she wanted and the two of us hit up Costco and Sprouts to get all the food. Ruthie decided to come up from California for the shower and bring the twins, so my mom flew out with her to help her on the plane since you can't have two babies on one lap. I'm pretty sure Ruth is Super Woman.

I had spent the day before making these tiny cakes using vegan substitutions and they turned out pretty good! The cakes kept falling and the frosting kept melting, so eventually I had to put them in a dish in the fridge to keep them up while they were each assembled.
On the table, we had paper bags filled with goodies and snacks, hummus for the pretzels, cucumber sandwiches (that were both vegan and delicious...I couldn't stop eating them!), and two different salads. To drink, we had water with sliced oranges and a cold apple cider that Abby whipped it that turned out really delicious.
The games Ruth planned were really cute and fun. One of my favorites was to sculpt a baby out of Play-doh in 10 minutes, and Abby had to judge them. Mine looked like Benjamin Button (on the left in orange). I did win a prize though.
We had a pretty good turn out, which I was really happy about. Abby seemed to really be happy with how it all turned out, which was the most important. It was fun to see Ruth's babies and hang out again, even if it was only for a couple days. I completely forgot to get a picture of the cute favors Ruth put together. They were little muslin bags with a stamp of a pinecone on them, filled with spiced nuts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a great time! Thanks for setting it up, Emily!

- Dad