Monday, May 23, 2011

Celebrating Our 5 Year Anniversary

Okay, I FINALLY have a moment to recap our anniversary celebration getaway.

Dave and I left the boys overnight with my parents while we went to our Honeymoon spot (Sundance Resort) just 20 minutes away. Preparation was extensive as I had to write a social story and lay out that day's schedule in pictures for Cruise. The social story helped, but he still struggled when he woke in the middle of the night and we weren't there. Jett was smooth sailing (but he still missed us).

We were so happy that we got our room again! They had told us at booking that cabin 2B was no long available, but when we went to check in, they told us that is what we got! Soooo happy!

Anyway, our package included dinner in the Foundry Grill as well as brunch in the morning. So for dinner, Dave got ribs and halibut ceviche and I got the filet mignon and chicken curry soup. Delish! We didn't have any available space for dessert, so we did the only reasonable thing there was to do: get it to go. Dave got a very rich chocolate cake with mint ice cream and I got the apple pie with caramel ice cream.




Brunch was amazing and I am slightly embarrassed to say that half of the plates I got were desserts. Don't judge me. I was on vacation!


Technically we weren't even gone 24 hours and I do admit I was ready for another day, but after breakfast and a walk around the resort, it was time to go. The boys were really excited to see us, and Cruise did okay while we were gone, but he went on a hunger strike until I got back. Silly boy.




Thank you Dave for a wonderful 5 years and a wonderful getaway to celebrate. I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap that's the largest amount of meat I've ever seen!