Sunday, May 22, 2011

We Went to the Zoo, zoo, zoo...

Cruise's preschool, Bridges, had their monthly field trip a couple weeks ago to the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City. We had to be there at 9am, so Dave and Jett were able to come with us!

On the car ride to the zoo, Cruise kept complaining of a stomach ache, so we stopped at a McDonald's and had him use the potty and to get the boys something to eat since they didn't eat much before we left. We got back on the road and Cruise's stomach still hurt; I hoped it was gas and that some walking would make it go away. We got half way through the monkey exhibit when Cruise said, "poop!" So I ran him to the potty and everything was fine. Until...he pooped his pants as soon as we got out of the bathroom.

Dave took him back to the potty, changed his underwear and everything was good. While that was going on, I took Jett to see the elephants where he fell and cut his lip. Luckily it wasn't too bad and stopped bleeding quickly.

Everything was great after that (except my flip-flop busting...but I temporarliy fixed it with a bobby pin (I think living with Dave has rubbed off on me) and we got to see all the animals. Cruise saw the carousel and wanted to get on it. I thought that was awesome since last time we tried to go on a carousel, he screamed bloody murder and took off running. So I got he and I a ticket. It seemed like a good idea until he saw it up close and then tried to run. But I picked him up and set him on the bench on the carousel. He held on to me really tight and by the last minute he was happy we had stayed on.
Riding the carousel.












We even got to ride the train! The boys loved it so much, especially Jett (who cried when we had to get off).




Even though it stated out a bit rocky, it ended well...except the two screaming children being carried to the car afterwards. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know it's a successful day when they are crying after the activity, not before.