Sunday, August 7, 2011

Today You Are Four

Dear Cruise,

I don’t know where the last four years went because it seems like yesterday you were brand new and I wouldn’t let the nurses take you away from me. I remember thinking that I waited 9 months to meet you, I wasn’t going to let any one take you. Now you are getting to be such a big boy; I am always proud of you and I am always amazed at how much you learn and grow every day.

You are a daily blessing to our family and to our lives. I couldn’t imagine not having you part of our family. We love your smile, your energy, your love for others, and your amazing ability to appreciate all the little details of life that we as adults never take the time to notice. Like when I’m in a hurry to enter a building and you take the time to literally stop and smell the roses. Or when you’re playing outside and stop to be amazed by a tiny little ant, despite the fact that there are hundreds all over the yard. Your curiosity and desire to know is so refreshing.

Cruise, I know it’s not always easy being you. I know that life can be very frustrating, especially when you can’t communicate exactly what you want to say, or when you are so overwhelmed, you don’t know what you need. But I want you to know that despite how hard things may be at times, always remember that we love you, we are proud of you, and that you are the best at being you. No one else could pull it off.

I am sorry for not always being the most patient I could be. I am sorry that I may not always know what you want or need, and that I am not always perfect at understanding you. But always remember that Dad and I love you so much and that no matter what, we are always there to help you along your journey. You are a miracle everyday; you are a living testament that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us so much and that they are aware of each and every one of us. Especially you, Cruise. You are one of those special children that they sent to Earth to teach everyone else how to love and how to come closer to Them.

Cruise, you’ve come a long way from a year ago, because a year ago you couldn’t speak. A year ago, you didn’t know how to play with your friends. A year ago, you couldn’t call me “Mom” or give kisses, or even say the prayer at bedtime. I am SO, SO proud of you and amazed at all you’ve accomplished in just a year. I will always be proud of you, because you are AWESOME; you are Cruise!

I love you always,

Mommy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's had an awesome year!

James Greer said...

I have to second what you've said Em. It has been amazing to watch Cruise (and his amazing parents) this year. We love all of our grandkids for the strong spirits they are. And every one of them has a great and unique mission ahead of them. We love you Cruise! Love Papa and Grandma Greer.

REGS said...

Cruise and his parents are amazing! So much growth in so little time, which I can predict means that he has a very important destiny ahead of him. He will go on to help so many others and conquer his own struggles also along the way. Thanks for being such great parents by giving him wings and showing how to use them!

Monica said...

This is beautiful! Totally made me cry. :)