I then got Jett ready for school and then headed off to Cruise's school to hear he and his classmates sing and then watch the school Halloween parade. Dave dropped Jett off at school and met me with Miles at Cruise's school.
From there, Cruise went home with Dave and I ran to Jett's school to help with his Halloween party. On the way, I called Tenney's Pizza and pre-ordered dinner. I got to Jett's school to help out; I was in charge of the craft, so I had the kids make jack-o-lantern tamborines. I wanted to be sure they had something to annoy their parents with. Jett really liked having his mom come help in his class. It was pretty fun helping out and meeting all his friends.
After school got out, we went home and met my parents who had come into town. My mom had prepared some experiments for the kids to do with her.
We then cleaned up and I ran to get the pizzas for dinner. After eating, we got the kids ready (again) and took them trick-or-treating while my parents handed out candy. Cruise was Bumblebee, Jett was Optimus Prime, and Miles was Winnie the Pooh. Miles had no idea how this all worked, but he eventually figured out the routine and wanted to be up there on the porch with his brothers. He realized that you knock, someone opens the door, they give you candy, and then you move on to the next house. You could see his disappointment when we would get to a house that didn't answer the door. After three blocks, Cruise & Jett took over the wagon, so I walked home with Miles and we hung out with Grandma & Papa. The boys came home with their buckets full of loot! They even got a full sized Symphony from one of our neighbors.
Halloween Day is fun, but I am glad it doesn't come again for another year. Whew!





No comments:
Post a Comment