Sunday, November 2, 2014

THE FLOOR! IT'S DONE!

This was a few weeks ago but I am finally getting to posting this. When we first moved into our house 2 1/2 years ago, one of the first things I saw that I wasn't a fan of was the hardwood floor. Not necessarily the floor, but the color. It looked like a basketball court. Well, we finally got around to refinishing it. We thought to ourselves, "This will only take a couple days, right?" Well, 3 turned into 8. It was a lot of work, but we are really happy with the results.

We had to rent a giant sander, and then a smaller one for the edges. The floor took 3 coats of stain and 3 coats of poly. And then we had to wait 72 hours before we could even walk on it.

Here are the before pictures, which were taken when we first moved in and started painting.
And here are the after!

1 comment:

REGS said...

The floors look awesome Em! Great Job you two!!!